It is very necessary to understand what exactly the immune system is. It is the physical body’s defense system. It helps in building inner strength to not let in any infection or microorganism to harm the body.
Without an immune system, we will become sick and suffer from life-threatening diseases. We may even die without it.
It might be going around in most of people‘s, minds about how to build immunity. It is only possible by adopting the right lifestyle habits.
The right diet, yoga, exercise, and rest or sleep for 8 hours can help in boosting immunity. It is also stress, alcohol, and smoking that can make the person physically and mentally inactive.
It is really necessary to build the immune system or in other words, the defense regulatory system from the very beginning.
It is very necessary not to lure toddlers or growing kids or children in the stage of puberty with any kind of fast, fried, and processed food items.
Right from the early age of infancy, immune-boosting foods should be given to the children.
Primarily, it is the breast milk which must be served to the children. It is one of the most important immunity boosting foods for kids.
As per the experts in the f pediatrics department, breast milk halife-rejuvenating ingredients, and feeding can benefit not only the infant but also the mother.
The benefits noted while using one of the best immunity boosting foods for kids which is breastmilk are :
Additionally, there would not be suffering seen in the mother also after breastfeeding the baby. She will have long-term health benefits and these are:
1) It will stop the development of ovarian cancer, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure.
2) It reduces obesity.
3) It will help in boosting excellent mental health. Signs of depression, anxiety, and stress automatically diminish.
With the growing age of the kid from the stage of infancy, to toddler, and till the age of puberty, food requirements may actually vary.
Types and quantities of immunity boosting foods for kids may vary from the stage of infancy till the early age of puberty.
Apart from vaccinations for children till the age of 5 for the protection from different types of life-threatening diseases, bacteria and viruses, there is a need to know and implement immunity food boosters for children.
To know about the appropriate kid’s diet to boost immunity, you must actually visit a pediatrician.
You will be guided with natural immunity-boosting foods for your children up to the age of puberty.
Immunity boosting foods for kids are there in certain fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, herbs and spices, probiotics, soy milk, fish, eggs, and honey.
Let’s study the following top immunity-boosting foods for the children or someone who is turning a teenager or stepping into adulthood and also for the elderly:
You can include citrus fruits, blueberries, apples, and pears. Eating the fresh fiber-rich pulp of these fruits will enrich your body with vitamins C, and A and other necessary nutrients like potassium, iron, and also antioxidants. Your kid will be able to fight with the radicals and toxins in the body and will have inner strength. The best nutritional diet for kids are not packed juices but pulpy pieces of any fruit.
Vegetables like drumstick leaves, Brahmi, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, and ginger are very useful in enriching the body from the inside. These are the best immunity-boosting foods because:
1) These vegetables are rich in different bodybuilding and cells rejuvenating nutrients. These nutrients are iron, amino acids, vitamin B, vitamin C, and E.
2) It will enhance your kids’ intelligence and wit.
3) Regular consumption of these vegetables will keep your kid’s body and mind in an active state.
Cow’s milk and yogurt have the following life-rejuvenating substances for the healthy development and growth of your child’s body and mind. You will be able to experience the following benefits which are:
1) These dairy products are rich in vitamin D, calcium, potassium, and other necessary nutrients.
2) Best for bones and muscle development for your kid.
3) These are the best immunity-boosting foods for children and also adults.
However, yogurt is more effective in boosting the immune system of your kid and improving his or her liver function and gut health. But it is recommended not to have curd or yogurt during the night.
Nuts and dry fruits like walnuts, groundnuts, kajus, and raisins raise the hemoglobin levels of your kid. These nuts will strengthen the bones and cause lubrication and raise the flexibility of your growing kid. These dry fruits or nuts are powerful immunity boosting foods for kids.
Suitable immunity boosting foods for kids are turmeric, basil, and amla.
1) These herbs are anti-inflammatory and have anti-oxidant properties.
2) Help in fighting infection.
3) Effective in healing, digestive boosting, and raising your immune system.
You can offer cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, paprika, mint, cumin, and coriander to your kids. These spices are highly effective to boost the immune system foods. Do not let your kids have cayenne pepper or chilies. These spices will cause inflammation and upset your kid’s tummy.
Any kid born into a vegan family can get several benefits by drinking soy milk.
1) It is rich in calcium and other necessary ingredients.
2) It will prove to be strong for bones.
3) Reduce the obesity issues of your child.
Salmon and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These fishes will boost healthy heart and respiratory health and good digestive system. You can also offer catfish to your kid. It will also prove to be one of the effective immunity boosting foods for kids. It will help in strengthening the neurological system, gut health, and energy. It is rich in omega 3 and 6 and also low in calories.
It is one of the top immunity-boosting foods for children and also adults. Offering the kid with boiled egg with salt and black pepper for taste and flavor will surely :
1) Enrich him or her with necessary nutrients which are vitamin A, B12, vitamin D, and omega 3 fatty acids.
2) It is good for healthy hair growth and scalp.
3) It is also good for the eyes.
For children above the age of 2 and any other growing member of the family, honey is one of the boosting immune system foods. It is advisable to not allow your child to intake honey at the age of 2 or below. Because :
1) It may lead to food poisoning and anything worse than this.
2) It may become allergic
Otherwise, honey has the following benefits for a child:
1) Rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) Boost the healthy heart and liver function of your kid.
3) Makes the kid energetic.
4) Boost digestion.
5) Highly effective for cough and cold. You can add honey to warm water and give it to your baby. It will surely go away.
Overall, you can feed your growing kid with all the above-mentioned immune-boosting foods and gain the key to healthy life.