5 Ayurvedic tips that can boost your immunity naturally .
lets talk about how
Ayurveda can help boost your immunity naturally.
Even though there is no medicine as of now for COVID-19 these small preventive healthcare measures can help boost immunity. Not only will this help reduce the risk of being infected, but they will go a long way in helping us with the upkeep of our overall well being.
The coronavirus outbreak should act as a wake-up call for all of us. This is the time to make long term lifestyle changes and make these a habit during the lockdown period itself.
tips for boost immunity naturally
- Drinking warm water throughout the day
- Daily 30 minute yoga practise at home.(#StayHome #StaySafe)
- Use spices like Turmeric (Haldi), Cumin (Jeera) and Coriander (Dhaniya) in your daily cooking. These spices help boost immunity according to the study of Ayurveda.
Immunity Boosting Measures
- Take one tablespoon full (10gm) of Chyawanprash every morning. Diabetic patients should only have sugar free versions.
- Drink herbal tea (kadha). Ingredients should include Tulsi, Dalchini (Cinnamon), black pepper, dry ginger (Shunthi) and raisins. Add Jaggery (Gur) and fresh lemon juice according to taste. Drink this kadha at least twice a day.
- Haldi-wala-Dudh- Add half teaspoon of Turmeric (Haldi) in a glass of warm milk and drink it once or twice a day.
Dry Cough/Sore Throat
- Steam inhalation with Mint (pudina) leaves or Ajwain (caraway seeds) once a day
- For cough and throat irritations you can take Lavang (clove) powder mixed with sugar or honey. You can take this mixture once or twice a day.
The Ministry has urged to consult a doctor if symptoms persist through online meetings or helplines.
Which foods increase immunity.
- Application of sesame oil or coconut oil or Ghee in your nostrils in the morning and evening.
- You can follow oil pulling therapy. Simply take one tablespoon of sesame or coconut oil in the mouth. Swish it in the mouth for 2-3 minutes before spitting it out. Rinse the palate with warm water afterwards. This can be done once or twice a day.
Hope these AYUSH ministry guidelines will help you re-centre your focus on what exact Ayurvedic immunity boosting measures you can take to prepare your body’s fighting mechanism.